We Continually Enhance Our IoT Solutions With the Most Advanced IoT Security Features While Maintaining Independently Certified World-Class Security Capabilities
To learn more about how Axeda addresses your top IoT security requirements and meets your customers' concerns in achieving broader adoption. download our security whitepaper.
Axeda incorporates an end-to-end security strategy covering all levels, including network, application, user, and data security. Axeda has attained ISO 27001:2013 certification, supporting the company’s focus on delivering the highest levels of security, performance, and availability of the Axeda M2M Cloud Service.
The Axeda M2M Cloud Service is designed to address key information security concerns with features that:
- Maintain network security at customer sites - The Axeda solution leverages your customer's existing security infrastructure, utilizing our patented Firewall-Friendly™ communication.
- Conceal data from unauthorized parties - All communication between you and your customers is kept secure using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption—the same method banks use for secure online transactions.
- Provide a secure and scalable on-demand infrastructure - Our ISO 27001:2013-certified data centers undergo an annual SAS 70 examination and is built on state-of-the-art equipment, technology investments, and operational expertise.
- Ensure that system users are authenticated. All access to the system is centrally controlled, requiring password authentication. All user actions are fully audited for traceability.
- Limit each user to specific data, views, and actions - Once authenticated, user actions are limited to the products for which they are responsible, and the level of access appropriate to their roles.
- Provide granular policy management - For deployments at customer sites, the Axeda Policy Server provides granular, end-user policy management for meeting auditing and compliance regulations.
In addition, our on-demand center operations team follows well-documented, operational standards, including the typical components of:
- Change and configuration management
- Capacity planning
- Security monitoring
- Proactive threshold monitoring of core resources
Each of these processes is governed by the ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) and is aligned with Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) best practices. The ITSM process has been thoughtfully designed as a component of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standard.
Secure Communications and Data Confidentiality
Axeda implements industry best practices for encrypting its message traffic. In addition to providing support for SSL certificates from globally recognized certificate authorities, Transport Layer Security (TLS) is used to provide security at the communications level. The content of the messages are then further secured using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 128 algorithm, and the RSA 2048 algorithm is used for key exchanges.
EU Safe Harbor
TRUSTe Privacy Certification
Axeda has also earned the TRUSTe Privacy Certification Seal®. TRUSTe awards its Privacy Seal only to companies that complete TRUSTe certification, submit to ongoing site monitoring and participate in TRUSTe Dispute Resolution process.
NHS N3 Networks
For medical product manufacturers selling into the UK who need to have their products on the NHS N3 network Axeda has partnered with Hytec, a leading provider of information solutions for local government and health authorities, to provide a set of technology and services that enables medical product manufacturers to deploy their connected products at hospitals and health care organizations in England on the NHS's N3 network.